style manager

02-12-2017 12:24 PM
mattbeamish
New Contributor

My style manager is empty on my HP Z book. I have tried to implement all the possible fixes I have found that other people have shared, and is listed here:

Problem: Cannot create a new style or add symbols to a style 

but nothing has worked. ArcGIS10.3. Windows 7 Pro. Styles I set on my desktop machine are visible, but I cannot edit symbology.

I havde tried a repaid install, but that has made no difference. Can anyone help?

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you remove any 3rd party stuff associated with arcmap when you did the uninstall? and if you followed the registration of the dll's, did you perform a profile reset  as well

0 Kudos
mattbeamish
New Contributor

Thanks for response. Yes, reset profile, and have now fully removed profile and created a new one. No difference. There are no styles referenced for my Admin profile either. I can see all the styles in C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\Styles (554 files, app 290MB). No I did not remove any 3rd party stuff. Possible issue is that I do some VBA Programming for Access databases. If I try to reference the 3.6 DAO reference library from within my VBA console in Access, I get a conflict message. But I can create mdb databases which is what the ESRI page I cited requests a User to do, and if I register the dll as requested, I do not get an error.

thanks again

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

strange, conflicts always suggest something

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Print screen for your style manager may be helpful.

0 Kudos
mattbeamish
New Contributor

Here you go......

thanks for response

Empty Styles Reference Manager ArcGIS 10.3.1

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try to re-register dao360.dll:

1. Close all Windows Applications

2. Start > Run. Type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO\dao360.dll" . Click OK.

3. Start ArcMap. Check if the issue is resolved.

Think Location
AshleighNelson
New Contributor

Hi there, 

I was experiencing the same issue running windows on my mac. This worked like a charm. 

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos