Schematic diagram creation

09-17-2014 08:05 AM
TimHughes
New Contributor II

Hi all!

I am attempting to create a schematic diagram from some water network data (points and lines).

I have created a Geometric Network using the wizard. I then worked through the Schematics tutorial to create a Schematics dataset and import my feature classes.

When I head back to the MXD to Generate a Schematic Diagram, I select all the options in teh form and give the diagram a name, then hit OK and a new Data Frame is created. Inside are all my layers, however, nothing is showing in the data frame.

Have I setup my data incorrectly? Where am I going wrong?

Any help with this is much appreciated!

I have attached the MXD and the FGDB.

Kind regards

Tim

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I've moved your post into the Mapping space. You may get a quicker response as the question will be seen by a focused audience instead of the broad GeoNet community. You can see more on the community structure, and what topics are under each space from the following documents:

GeoNet Community Structure

ArcGIS Discussion Forums Migration Strategy

Thanks!

Timothy

0 Kudos
TimHughes
New Contributor II

Hi Timothy,

Thank you very much.

I hope I can get a reply form someone out there!

Kind regards

Tim

0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III

Follow the 'quick start' and see if that resolves the issue.

Quick start configuration for Utilities | ArcGIS Resource Center

TimHughes
New Contributor II

Hi Rick,

This is how I set up the schematic and all was going fine until the generate Schematic, where it added the layers to a new Data Frame but did not show anything in the frame 😞

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your help so far.

Tim

0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III

What software version are you using?

I just tried it with the data you provided and it worked just fine.  You didn't include your schematic dataset, so I can't see if there was something wrong with it, but starting from scratch it was fine for me.

0 Kudos