"An error has occurred" - Creating Dynamic Map Slides in PowerPoint

Jump to solution
12-15-2014 06:36 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

IT in my office just installed Office 365 on my machine, and I then installed Maps for Office. When I try and add a dynamic slide in Power Point, I get an error that just says "An error occurred." and a static slide is produced in its place.No other information is given.I have tried this with multiple Web maps from my organizational account with the same result. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Tags (1)
12 Replies
KerryRobinson
Esri Contributor

Worked for me, too.  Thank you Avi!!! 

JayMeehl
New Contributor III

Thanks Avelardo, much better solution then what Esri had me do.  I continued to have differernt issues once I created a new windows user.

Assisted a co-worker with your instructions and found that it is one directory that caused the error for us. Under Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp it was the PPT11.0 directory which contains MSForms.exd.  Co-worker just deleted this directory and ran PowerPoint, which recreates the directory with a new file allowing the user to embed the dynamic map.  I will delete my other posting above which was a huge amount of work and still is.  Thanks all.

Jay Meehl

Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, Jay. I deleted the PPT11.0 directory like you suggested, started PP, and was able to add a dynamic slide.

Thank you to everyone else who made suggestions.

Chris