Map Plex exporting problems

05-13-2011 11:10 AM
JackSaj
New Contributor
I have a map series of about 1000 pages. It's a ton, but the files end up being small and I have all kinds of disk space.

When I try exporting, I get the error:

"cmdExport_Click - 461 - Cannot create export file. Either file is already open or not enough disk space"

So after doing some research, it looks like the slash ( / ) that I have in the series titles might be causing the issue. So I took 10 pages, edited to the slash out and replaced it with a period, then tried exporting.

Now, the maps export, but I the tags don't come with it, and I get the following error:

"Could not select the tile from the index layer to tag with Extra Item!!!"

After that error finishes, the map exports, and I get yet another error:

"cmdExport_Click - 526 - Object variable or With block variable not set"

Like I said, now the map exports to PDF, however, all of the tags are left blank.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? I'm assuming it's some kind of setting I have wrong. Does the first error match up with having slashes in map series page titles like 12N01EN1/2SEC1

-Running ArcMap 9.3
-Windows 7
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonMorris
Occasional Contributor II
This sounds like a problem with map series, exporting or your code, not Maplex, so this post is probably in the wrong forum.

Having said that - maybe the / is being interpreted as an escape character. Try using // instead.

The "Object variable or With block variable not set" error means you are trying to use an uninitialized variable, but without seeing your code, I can't help you any more.
0 Kudos