Exculsions and Custom Raster Symbology in ArcGIS pro Buggy

Jump to solution
01-11-2017 09:20 AM
KyleLandon
New Contributor II
  1. This bug happens when displaying a raster with classify. For manual classification method (ie removed breaks from another methods), the color scheme will not update or reapply. 
  1. This bug happens when displaying a raster with classify. Starting with an automated/calculated method (eg. defined interval) and removing a breaks. The method remains on <Defined interval> and any updates to the color scheme resets the classification and the removed breaks return.
  1. Data Exclusion:
    • Trying to exclude: “-1000 - -70; 0 - 1000”. It only honors the positive exclusion. “1000 - -70” works. Its seems the range can’t start with a negative value.

• With an exclusion set, switching classification methods sometimes sets the exclusion to “ 0-0” however the breaks tend to honor the original exclusion. Same problem with Jenks. Maybe this just has to do with the negative ranges. No issue with positive exclusions.

• Applying an exclusion sets the method drop down to blank.

• Data exclusion “-70” is read as 0-70.
  2. Any change to the raster layer symbology causes the layer to become unselected in the contents/symbology display. This is quite annoying.

ArcGIS Pro 1.3.1, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleLandon
New Contributor II

I believe it works now. Here's what I just tested:

0-1000; -45--1000

(ie: show only -45 to 0)

I'm running 2.2.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KyleLandon
New Contributor II

Still doesn't work right.

0 Kudos
RussellTess
New Contributor II

Did you ever find a solution to trying to exclude negative values when classifying raster data? I am still not able to enter a negative value range. Will work like 0--120, but not -100--120...

0 Kudos
KyleLandon
New Contributor II

I believe it works now. Here's what I just tested:

0-1000; -45--1000

(ie: show only -45 to 0)

I'm running 2.2.1

0 Kudos
RussellTess
New Contributor II

Ah ok, I only have access up to 2.1.2, so maybe when we get access to 2.1.2 it will be fixed.

0 Kudos