Select to view content in your preferred language

Dynamic Scale Text Options

Jump to solution
09-02-2014 07:56 AM
JustinWest
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am working with some dynamic scale text on my map products and have run into an issue. I use two scale text blocks, I use the absolute scale (1:9,000)as well as a relative scale (1 inch = 750 feet). I can get the dynamic absolute to populate into a text box using:

Absolute Scale:

1:<dyn type="dataFrame" name="Main" property="scale"/>

I need to display the relative in a similar way but the only thing I have is the option within the dynamic scale dialog for creating the scale text. Does anyone know how to configure this or if it is possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBarnes
Deactivated User

Hello Justin,

I got this information from a very helpful colleague; use something like the following, adjust to taste for your needs:

Relative Scale: 1 inch = <dyn type="dataFrame" name="DataFrameName" property="scale" pageUnits="in" mapUnits="ft" pageValue="1" decimalPlaces="0"/> feet

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidBarnes
Deactivated User

Hello Justin,

I got this information from a very helpful colleague; use something like the following, adjust to taste for your needs:

Relative Scale: 1 inch = <dyn type="dataFrame" name="DataFrameName" property="scale" pageUnits="in" mapUnits="ft" pageValue="1" decimalPlaces="0"/> feet

JustinWest
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

That was exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
RyanKelso
Frequent Contributor

Wow, this is great.  I was trying to do the same thing.  Why on earth are there dynamic text tags that aren't documented in the help!?

DariushAmeli
Occasional Contributor

Very helpful. Thank you David Barnes.

0 Kudos