Data Driven Pages - Highlighting Active Item

06-11-2013 11:30 AM
DavidMeek1
New Contributor III
I've got the data page laid out and functioning just like I want except for one thing.  Can I get the feature in the primary data frame to highlight?

I've got multiple, oddly-shaped, overlapping polygons as my selectable data (the purple polygons in the pic below).  The selected polygon is shown in the index map so ArcMap is recognizing the polygon already.  Help.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
You could add the index layer a second time (change name a bit to keep it straight) or add a similar layer with a field that matches up with your index layer for values, symbolize it how you want it to look when it is "selected", and then use a Page Definition Query to display only the "selected" polygon.
0 Kudos
MicahelButler
New Contributor
Mapbook used to have an option to "Select tile when drawing" option on the Map Sheet Wizard. This allowed the selected item to be highlighted blue when chosen. In DDP I can get the active item to select and the map portion of the map series will generate fine but the record is not "selected"in the sense of highlighted in blue.  I use autoreated and a related table to chart data from multiple records that are related to the original seleted (chosen) active item. Since the charts are based upon "Show only selected features/records on the graph" and there is no "selected" record in the original file, the charting does not change from map to map. Is there a way to select the active item and highlight the active item?
0 Kudos
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
Mapbook used to have an option to "Select tile when drawing" option on the Map Sheet Wizard. This allowed the selected item to be highlighted blue when chosen. In DDP I can get the active item to select and the map portion of the map series will generate fine but the record is not "selected"in the sense of highlighted in blue.  I use autoreated and a related table to chart data from multiple records that are related to the original seleted (chosen) active item. Since the charts are based upon "Show only selected features/records on the graph" and there is no "selected" record in the original file, the charting does not change from map to map. Is there a way to select the active item and highlight the active item?

Have you looked at page definition queries?
0 Kudos
MicahelButler
New Contributor
I've used the page definition query to define the page, and I can produce my mapbook one site at a time fine but I can't get the tile selected (highlighted) for the record in the table when it is the site that is being drawn. Without the record being selected (highlighted) autorelate does not select records in a related table which in turn generates a graph of the data for that site. Ive attached two jpg showing the related tables. The one labeled chosen.jpg shows the tables as they are being drawn, the one labeled selected.jpg is how I need the tables to look to chart relate data.
0 Kudos