Jump to solution
03-03-2021 01:01 AM
DQ
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

I wish to change (and set as default):

1. the display order of the Fields in an attribute table of a feature class

2. the category -->'unique values' --> 'value field', and associated symbol values/colours shown in Symbology.

When I make these changes via Layer Properties, and save, the changes don't hold when I add an extra layer (eg. select by attribute). The displays in the new layer revert to the original.

Is there some way I can make these changes as a default for my project?

Thanks for your help

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bili
by
New Contributor III

Hi'

You can right-click on the layer and then save as layer file ... and when you want to use the same symbology for another layer or sort by another field you can double click on the layer to open the layer properties and in the symbology category click import and when you import you can choose by which field to sort .

View solution in original post

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can't set what you want as a "default".

You can do what @Bili  suggested, if your new layers conform to the rules you applied to the imported layer file

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bili
by
New Contributor III

Hi'

You can right-click on the layer and then save as layer file ... and when you want to use the same symbology for another layer or sort by another field you can double click on the layer to open the layer properties and in the symbology category click import and when you import you can choose by which field to sort .

DQ
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Eftrat, at least it's a partial solution!

DQ

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can't set what you want as a "default".

You can do what @Bili  suggested, if your new layers conform to the rules you applied to the imported layer file

... sort of retired...
DQ
by
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, thanks for replying!

DQ

0 Kudos