Beta Elevation Profile Geoprocessing Service - m value issues

01-24-2014 07:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: david.shaeffer

I think this is the correct forum to post this question to.

I am developing a flex elevation profile widget based on the beta elevation analysis profile geoprocessing service.

When I pass the InputLineFeature via a feature set and set the returnM parameter to true, I don't always get back the m value and point elevation coordinates that I expect. I would expect the geoprocessing service to set m=0 (start) to the first point in the path/line that was passed to the service. That way the profile always starts where the user clicked first. It SEEMS like the geoprocessing service is setting m=0 to the smallest x value. I am a relatively new flex developer so perhaps I am missing something.

I know it is still in beta. Hopefully someone on that team can respond!?!?!?!

Dave Shaeffer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30813[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: waxg

The profile service does set m=0 for the first vertex on the input line. It should always return m values if you have returnM set to true.

Xuguang
0 Kudos
DavidShaeffer
New Contributor III
The profile service does set m=0 for the first vertex on the input line. It should always return m values if you have returnM set to true.

Xuguang

Hi Xuguang,

I need to figure out how to get the forum to notify me when someone responds. Thanks for the quick response. Your team is by far the most responsive group at ESRI. Keep up the good work!

I was getting wrong M values when setting returnM to true. It was random. I am sure I was doing something wrong. The problem seems to have resolved itself between my original post and now. My Flex application came out great and our project managers love it. Big win!

Thanks,

Dave
0 Kudos