What apps support web maps created with map viewer beta??

08-24-2020 06:09 AM
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

I spent a lot of time creating a comprehensive web map with the new layer grouping function.

To my dismay, the customizable Web App Builder does not support the new layer groups, so how can I create an app from a web map created in map viewer beta?

I read that arcGIS experience would support this, but when I add data and select the web map it gives an error message that the map is not accessible. It is very much accessible (shared globally, even though I want it to be restricted) and I would very much like to create a web application from it.

it says my web map is not accessible

Is there a list of criteria or issues that would prevent my map viewer beta from being incorporated into a web application and if it's not arcGIS experience, then what web applications are compatible?

this page does not make any reference as to what web maps are not compatible.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/select-data/ 

7 Replies
RussellRoberts1
Esri Frequent Contributor

This sounds like this could be an issue with experience builder if it cannot open the map.

For map compatibility check out this link below. The Map Viewer Beta is a 4.x app and other 4.x apps should have similar support.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-14455-apps-that-use-arcgis-api-for-javascript-3x-vs-4x 

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

Thank you for this table.

it is helpful, unfortunately, so far I have tried the interactive legend, the map styler and apps and they are NOT compatible with map viewer beta. The map shows up empty with no legend available and warnings about incompatibility....

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1

Can you share the map and we can look into the issue?  

Here is an sample map showing a dot denisty map from MVB in the styler app

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

Thanks - are you able to group layers? That's the only functionality we are interested in - the rest is really the same as the normal map viewer.

I also tried the Operations Dashboard Beta, but it only showed one of the layers, and Story Maps did not provide an interactive legend. Until now, now way to build an app with a legend and grouped layers that can be activated and de-actived.  With the map styler, the map is blank and the legend is empty.

here is the web map item.

https://panda.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=19dfd896085845b286ff5082b3905e20 

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1

It loaded for me. If you want you can create a group and invite russell_jsapi into it and I can share it with you and then you don't need to share your content publicly 

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

it loaded in which template? I invited you to our group - there is only one web map we want to integrate into a web mapping application. thanks!!

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1

Used Map Styler. It displays the legend and a TOC with the group layer organization. Added it to the group.