Timing of Map Viewer Beta Update

07-01-2020 12:48 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor III

The recent ArcGIS Online update blog post mentions that the Map Viewer Beta update is 'coming soon'. Do we have a time frame for that?

13 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yup we are hoping to get this feature packed release out by mid July (subject to change  ). 

We will be pushing out blogs covering these new features and enhancements when the release goes lie.

Thanks for your interest!

Russ

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Thanks Russell! Love these big updates but Grouping was a big one on my list. Glad to hear I only have to wait a little longer! Keep up the great work

Highlighted

No problem! If you can share your use cases for groups thats always helpful for where we are going forward.

Thanks!

Russ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Russell

At a minimum I am hoping for one layer of grouping. For example, environmental data could be grouped as we would in the Desktop software. Currently we have to create and maintain Layer lists which are cumbersome and painful. 

Ideally we could have multi-level grouping (as in desktop software and when creating web maps with Server). 

I also hope that layers from different hosted feature layers can be added to different groups. i.e. they don't all have to come from the same hosted feature layer to be grouped.

Hope this helps. Happy to expand upon anything if it will be useful

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yup for the initial release we wont be providing a nested group authoring experience. This is something we are gauging user requirements on and we will be supporting the nested group scenarios that a user could publish from Pro which will be included in their release later this year.

Different layer types can be in the same group

Thanks!

Russ

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Excellent news! Look forward to the release soon (mid-July is next week right 😉 )

Highlighted

The update is now live  

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Firstly, grouping is GREAT! Very intuitive to use.

Next question... a lot of web map apps include editing layers by the user (drawing their own, updating etc). As far as I can see the JavaScript 4 compatible apps do not have editing functions (including Experience Builder). Am I missing something or is this a feature to be released soon?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The Beta supports editing layers. The tool is located on the right toolbar when editable layers are present. Sketchup/Markup layers are planned for later this year.

0 Kudos