Map does not render on a Hub Page

Jump to solution
03-20-2020 08:25 PM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor III

We used the latest Map Viewer to take advantage of Label Classes for mapping the COVID-19 Cases

This fails to render when viewed on Safari or Chrome on an iPhone:

On Firefox/Chrome in a Desktop, renders great in both edit mode and normal view:

The Hub site is not currently public (due to this issue) but the Map can be viewed here:

https://esriau.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c0ec8598c02b478aab940ce1e9630b48 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Alright Simon, give it a go! It should hopefully be addressed with the latest release. The phone we had that could produce the issue no longer can so we're hoping this resolves it for you as well!

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Frequent Contributor

Have you posted this on the hub geonet page? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @sjacksonesriaustralia-com-au-esridist - try using one of the configurable apps, such as Media map or Map Styler to embed the map. These apps use the 4x jsapi, which will provide a similar experience. The new map viewer is not really ready yet for an embed experience. 

Cheers,

Chris

Highlighted

Thanks @Chris Whitmore

I can give this a try on another test Hub page.

Would embedding the Beta-WebMap into a Map Styler, and then embed into the Hub Page - would this likely stop the 'could not be rendered issue' ?

It is increasingly looking like its related to a number of mobile browsers and works fine in desktop Firefox/Chrome.

The embedding of the app, instead of the direct Beta-WebMap feels like it has more things involved to go wrong/slow down? But if the container of the app helps get around the embed issue?  Just trying to understand how it would work.

Will try tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This sounded promising, but no luck

Embedded into the Media JSAPI v4 app template from ArcGIS Online;

Made public;

Inserted as an app in test Hub page below

This does not render in browser or in mobile.

COVID-19 Australia 

Any ideas Graham Hudgins‌ from the Hub side?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

still working on it. not all of my coworkers can get it to reproduce but at least my iphone is doing it. (but it's the same iphone that doesn't let me use the lightning cable so I'm short some developer tools)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Alright Simon, give it a go! It should hopefully be addressed with the latest release. The phone we had that could produce the issue no longer can so we're hoping this resolves it for you as well!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Excellent! Working fine from iPhone in both Safari and Chrome.

What did you kick to make it work?  Send my thanks to the devs for prompt fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

the solution was in the JSAPI which went out last night. Long live `4.15+`!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have not posted in Hub.  Any chance you might know a good contact in their team that we could @ to call into this post?  Was hoping to avoid double posting.

0 Kudos