Cannot resize or move a popup still?

11-20-2019 01:25 PM
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Is the ability to resize and move a pop going to finally come?  Every other mapping software seems to have it so it always seemed weird to not have it for this many years.

I saw a demo that someone wrote a geocortex app where you could rezise, move, turn on and off a call out arrow, among other stuff.  Just the one guy programmed it so I think it should be pretty easy.  

Also seeing the popup says "too many fields to display".  Is there some limit?

thanks

3 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your feedback. We have made some updates to pop-ups, providing the ability to dock them to the side and expand to encompass some data. Check out Peter's blog https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas/blog/2019/11/20/your-ideas-in-map-viewer-beta?sr=s...‌ for a more information about the idea that was partially implemented about this.

Could you share a link to your web map so we can look into the too many fields error in more detail?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

The service is behind a government firewall so I cannot.   Here are some screen shots.

When I first load a layer with many fields (141) the Beta map viewer does not display all the fields:
image.png
image.png
I can open the settings in the pop-up for the attributes and Select All the attributes.  It seems to work, and all the attributes show in the pop-up. But the message saying "some will not be displayed" still shows up.
image.png
image.png
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

The single biggest negative feedback that we get from our users of AGO based apps, using a web map, is that they want to move the popup.  The capability is there in the JSAPI and most of Esri's competitors do it already.  Docking the popup is a start but please make popups movable where ever on the map the user would like to interactively place them.