Where did the additional filtering options go?

11-21-2019 07:18 AM
Rohit_Venkat_GandhiMendadhala
Occasional Contributor

In AGOL Mapviewer we generally have filtering options like search by value, field or unique but the new mapviewer beta does not have that. Here is a quick comparison of both.

It is just a blank text input box irrespective of data types of the fields. It would be great if we have the categorization as we had in the past. I also couldnt find that in the road map for the new map viewer beta here https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-14311 

(or) If the option is already available in the new map viewer beta, please let me know how to find it. 

4 Replies
RussellRoberts1
Frequent Contributor II

We made a change with the new filter experience where we have 2 new options: includes and excludes

Using includes and excludes will present you with a list of values you can filter against.

Hope this answers your question. Thanks for the feedback!

Russ

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Russel.

But I thought the earlier filter option was much better than the current one.

What about comparing with a field option. That's not present as of now correct?

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1
Frequent Contributor II

Currently we do not have the option for field comparison. Can you explain your workflow for this type of filter? If possible could you share a map?

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Russel, 

I do not have a problem scenario to share a web map with you. But earlier, we used this to quickly compare the values of two fields if they are equal and then display them on the web map only if they satisfy that criteria.

0 Kudos