When will grouping of layers in a web map be made available?

Jump to solution
07-10-2020 09:13 AM
deleted-user-5p-YLCr5BQRy
New Contributor III

Working on some fairly complex maps and having groups available would be amazing!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussellRoberts1
Esri Frequent Contributor

The beta has just been updated. You can now try out group layers now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RussellRoberts1

The beta has just been updated. You can now try out group layers now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Just trying it out now, so far so good!  Curious when we will be able to use a map with groups as part of an app, and have the app respect the groups?

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1

You will want to use the 4.x apps with maps with groups. What app(s) were you wanting to use? Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Trying the "Interactive Legend" one right now, and it doesn't seem to support the groups.  All the layers in the groups just don't show it seems?  The only layers available are the ones not in a group.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Just tried another 4.x app, and it works great!

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1

Yup we do have some known issues with group layers with the Interactive Legend, Swipe and Swipe app right now that will be fixed in the next release.

Russ

0 Kudos
RyanQuigley
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can you tell me what this means?  4.x?

I have a non mapbeta webmap that I published using webapp builder with the foldable theme and I'd like to convert it into something that can group layers preferably without changing the web address of my existing app.  Is this possible?  The TOC is a mess and I really want to clean it up so I can add more data.

https://akdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=f2570687e10e49c6a962c5392e4180f2

thank you

0 Kudos