Printing Secured Layers

03-24-2021 09:31 AM
Labels (1)
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor

I am using beta 5 of the Map Viewer Beta with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.  I cannot print any layers that are secure.  As soon as I toggle off the visibility of those particular layers, the export works just fine.  I am using a custom print service.  I am signed in as an admin.  The same layers print fine with both Map Viewer original and Web App Builder Print widget.  It fails fast.  See screenshot of error attached.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor

Update:  If I add and move one of my own tiled layers into the Basemap and remove the default ESRI Topo or Imagery, then the export process actually creates the PDF without an error, but the generated map still does not draw the secure layer.

0 Kudos
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor

I've had this project ever since we deployed Enterprise Portal, and went through a whole support case with Esri....to no avail. I've kind of given up since it's more so an inconvenience than a show stopper for us. Still pretty disappointing though. We're on 10.8. 

0 Kudos
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@JamiePetersen , you need to add the server name of the secured services into the Trusted Servers settings in the Admin page. Has this been done?

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-security.htm#ESRI_SECTIO... 

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia
0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion, but in my case these services are from my own federated ArcGIS Server and are being accessed from my Enterprise Portal.  After reading that topic, I do not believe that requirement applies to my situation.

Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

@JamiePetersen , I had this same issue on AGE 10.8.1 and Map Viewer BETA 3. We are now running Map Viewer BETA 5 as well and I just tried printing a secure service with an Esri basemap and this time worked. I cannot think of anything significant that we changed other than upgrading to BETA 5. Our secure services are on a federate ArcGIS Server instance so @ShelleySchott  's suggestion should not apply to us. Our AGE components are fully patched. We are running on Windows not Linux. When we upgraded to 10.8.1, I republished our custom print service as recommended by Esri. I have been clearing my browser cache after each Map View BETA upgrade just to be safe.

0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor

I appreciate the response. Beta 5 is my first install of the Map Viewer.  I might try some different browser options.  I am not "fully patched", just security and relevant, but I suppose I could go full-patch and see if that helps- who knows!

0 Kudos