Pop-Up Ordering not Reflected in Web Mapping Application

01-31-2020 12:55 PM
EliseHellwig
New Contributor

I maintain a web mapping application that is hosted on my organization's website. It is created from a web map that I created using ArcOnline. Originally the web map was created and edited with the original map viewer. However, recently I started experimenting around with the beta map viewer. Everything has worked fine except for the ordering of elements of the pop-up. The name changes I make in the beta map viewer are reflected as well as the variables that I hide. However, the order in the web mapping application does not change if I update it via the beta map viewer. If I update it using the original map viewer though, the ordering does change. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussellRoberts1
Frequent Contributor II

Not all web apps support the element configuration that is available in the map viewer beta. Do you know if the app you are using is built with the 3.x or 4.x version of the JSAPI?

A little info on web maps authored with the Map Viewer beta

Web maps and Map Viewer Beta 

To check it out in a 4.x version of the JSAPI check out the web map in a sample app like Media Map

Fast, flexible and fun: The new pop-up experience in the next generation Map Viewer Beta 

Russ