Pop-up display preference being given to lower layers?

02-23-2021 12:54 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

We are developing a map here: https://nowerwoodeducati.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/minimalist/index.html?appid=0a1bb9d812ea47249e... 

Previously in Java v3 web maps, the pop-up for our "Wildlife Warriors" layer would always show preferentially since it is the top layer. However, since swapping to web viewer beta, it seems like it is really difficult for our users to get the correct pop up when they are trying to click on the dots. The underlying layers will always show on the first pop-up screen unless the dot is clicked very precisely, you have to click the arrow 1 of 2, 1 of 3 etc to scroll to the correct pop-up.

Any advice on how to ensure the lower layers pop-ups do not display first in the pop-up window?

Tags (2)
4 Replies
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

In the past I have cheated with a transparent outline on the points, but your map's discs look ample!  I am also interested to hear of any solutions or clues.

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1
Esri Frequent Contributor

The popup retrieval has no preference and it depends on pretty much "which query wins first".  Do the underlying layers require a popup or can they be disabled? 

0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

I am glad to see this so I can plan for my own cases so thank you Russell.   But it is confusing and I hope ordering popups by layer order can become a feature.   

@RussellRoberts1 can you tell us if such a thing is in the pipeline?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying Russell. Yes all layers have pop-ups attached as it's intended as a visual information tool for public on our website. The order of pop-ups worked with no issue on the old webmaps but I had to swap to the beta version, because I needed the attachments to automatically be displayed as images.

It's frustrating that this isn't something that's carried over, as Mike said it would be good to know if it is in the pipeline. I will have to use his workaround for now - thanks for that suggestion Mike!

0 Kudos