Is the embed option available to the Map Viewer (Beta) like the original Map Viewer.

04-07-2021 03:00 PM
Labels (2)
CameronBlandy
New Contributor III

In the current Web Map viewer you have the option of sharing the map as an embedded URL. This provides a clean web map which can be customized using URL parameters.

Does this functionality exist for the Map Viewer (Beta)? 

What I trying to achieve is a simple editing app by using the Field Maps app and Map Viewer (Beta). I have configured the web map using Smart Forms to allow user update of a Feature Layer. We would like to embed this web map on our public facing web site rather than having to download and use the Field Maps mobile app.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Regular Contributor

If you look at the embed URL closely, you'll see that it's actually making use of a separate app called "Embed".

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Embed/index.html

Technically, any web map item can be added to this app by supplying the map's itemID as one of the URL parameters. Currently, though, there is no built-in method of generating an embed link via the new Map Viewer.

It would be nice to have a simple method of making an embedded map using the ArcGIS JS 4.x library. I'd post an Idea in the ArcGIS Online group to see if it can get implemented.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos