In Mapviewer Beta How do you access the individual sub-layers of a published map service

Jump to solution
11-21-2019 08:30 AM
EdwardHankins
New Contributor II

I just got the new mapviewer beta.  I then loaded an existing collector application that I made last year.  In this collector app i have several different feature and map services,  one particular layer is a map service that is comprised of several individual layers.  I do not seem to be able to access the individual layers that have been added as a group (a map service with a group of layers in it) 

In my screenshots below,  the layer in mapviewer beta named "Drain Maint - Click to expand" is a map service that is comprised of the featureclasses in the 2nd screenshot. 

I would like to turn on/off some of the sub layers (like "barricade tickets" or "roll in locations")  but it seems that I am only able to turn the entire group on/off.

Can someone please explain how to access the individual layers in the map service to turn on/off. 

figure 1. screenshot of layers in mapviewer beta

figure 2.  individual layers that make up the 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Edward Hankins‌, the ability to configure sublayers in a map service has not been implemented yet. It will be coming in a subsequent update (before the new map viewer is out of beta).

Cheers,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Edward Hankins‌, the ability to configure sublayers in a map service has not been implemented yet. It will be coming in a subsequent update (before the new map viewer is out of beta).

Cheers,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
EdwardHankins
New Contributor II

Ahh,  thanks for the updated information,  i guess i can stop trying to figure it out now.  

0 Kudos
Sveinung_Bertnes_Råheim
New Contributor III

Are there any news here? The map viewer beta is kind of useless for me before this feature is implemented. Almost all services have sub-layers which we need to be able to turn on and off. Most of them are not our own services, so we need to be able to turn them on and off.