First Impressions of Map Viewer Beta

11-18-2019 09:15 AM
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

The ArcGIS Online team has been working on the Map Viewer Beta for a while and can't wait to hear your initial feedback. Please let us know what your thoughts about the new layout, functionality, pop-ups, smart mapping, etc.

50 Replies
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

My initial impression so far:

The new Calcite UI is very great to use. The viewer feel more responsive and modern. I hope to see the missing functionalities implemented soon.

Suggestion:

Collapsing the side bars shouldn't move the map. They should simply go over the map.

EDIT: Do you plan on releasing the new fonctionnalities as they are ready on will you wait for one big release in early 2020 to add all of them at once?

KellyGerrow

Hi Nicolas,

Incremental updates will be released over the next few months, with new functionality. Follow this geonet space for notification about update schedules and new functionality.

0 Kudos
Camporeale_Logan
New Contributor

I am liking the new functionality and interface in the Map Viewer Beta. My main question is: can maps created in Map Viewer Beta be embedded to a web page? The sharing function does not work in Map Viewer Beta and it doesn't seem that an embed code can be generated from the item details page. Any guidance is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Logan, 

I'm just going to link to the response from your other question here for others to read:

https://community.esri.com/thread/244173-embedded-webmap-with-beta 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
CassieGallagher1
New Contributor II

I do like the new look, but the first thing that came to mind is if there is a way to select multiple features using selection tool? I would find it helpful to be able to select multiple features at once and see the selected data in the attribute table in the Attribute table?  Also, i would be helpful to be able to delete features in the Attribute table.

0 Kudos
BenVan_Kesteren1
Regular Contributor

First impression was 'this is much prettier that the current setup', so thats a win.

I then needed to view the data behind my features, so I wanted to look for the attribute table, I cannot seem to find the table viewer.

I can click on a point feature, and the pop-up appears, but I want to view every row in my table, this is not easy to find (if it exists?). 

That's my feedback for today, attribute table is impossible to find.

Cheers

KellyGerrow

Hi Ben,

The table functionality isn't available with Map Viewer Beta currently but it is something we will be adding in a future update. Thanks for your feedback about the table and Cassie Gallagher‌ too. 

0 Kudos
Boudewijn
Esri Contributor

Basemaps in the basemap gallery that are in a different projection than the default basemap are greyed out. Is it possible to change the basemap to one in a different projection?

0 Kudos
Boudewijn
Esri Contributor

Just found the roadmap, coming first half of 2020.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-14311-map-viewer-beta-roadmap 

0 Kudos
GeneH_Chesco
New Contributor III

Bummer... I was really hoping the future roadmap included "Popup Enhancements" like varied popup placement and a side panel popup options by default on map load. The non-default Dock option covers the map even more than the default popup. Users want to see the map + the popup information together but not at the expense of the other.