Add layers via URL?

Jump to solution
11-23-2019 01:02 PM
Mike_Koutnik
New Contributor III

When will the ability to add layers via URL be added to the new map viewer?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
4 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Mike_Koutnik
New Contributor III

I need the option like the "old" map viewer has.  I often teach end users to use 3rd-party map services, and more often, specific layers from a map service.  They need to be able to add them on-the-fly during an interactive map viewer session.  Adding an external layer or layers by specifying a URL is not a viable solution for them.  First, the complexity and preciseness required it is not approachable for most users.  And, second, having to get out of an existing web map, constructing the needing URL, encoding the URL, and reloading the web map impedes the fluidity and efficiency of an interactive workflow.  I look forward to this function being available in the UI. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BrandonDavis1
New Contributor II

I'm also interested in this. A button to add a url would be very helpful, like in the current map viewer.

0 Kudos
RussellRoberts1
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is planned for a future update to the beta app. It wont be in the upcoming update but probably one of the following releases to the app.