Manual installation of Capital Improvement Plan solution

03-01-2018 01:10 AM
HanliePretorius
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm working with ArcGIS Pro 2.1 and our organisation's Portal.

I've installed the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment addin but for some reason the Capital Improvement solutions are not in the list of solutions to deploy in step 2 of the sharing process (I'm logged in to our organisation's Portal server). See attached AvailableSolutions screenshot.

Now I would like to manually implement the solution but I can't find documentation on how to do this. At Get started overview - Capital Improvement Plan | ArcGIS for Local Government  it mentions a manual installation procedure but I don't see any links to it. The links on the left seems to be for the automatic deployment.

Can someone please help me to deploy this solution in one way or another?

In general I find it difficult to find documentation on the LG data model. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hanlie

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

Hanlie - 

The Capital Improvement Plan can be deployed to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 organizations.  See the minimum system requirements here - Capital Improvement Plan | ArcGIS for Local Government.  I would assume you are trying to deploy the solution to an older version of ArcGIS Enterprise / Portal.  Please confirm.

In this case, the Capital Improvement Plan is a configuration of the Storymap Journal and can be manually configured in other supporting ArcGIS Enterprise versions.  

Scott

0 Kudos
HanliePretorius
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply; that might be the issue but I can't check today.

Do you know of any documentation beyond the data dictionary for the

CapitalPlanning feature dataset? The dictionary is rather sparse in

its information.

2018-03-01 14:30 GMT+02:00, Scott Oppmann <geonet@esri.com>:

Scott Oppmann

replied to the discussion

"Re: Manual installation of Capital Improvement Plan solution"

To view the discussion, visit:

https://community.esri.com/message/754168-re-manual-installation-of-capital-improvement-plan-solution?commentID=754168&et=watches.email.thread#comment-754168

>

0 Kudos
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

Hanlie - 

The CapitalPlanning feature dataset is actually used in the Capital Improvement Planning, which is an ArcMap based planning solution offering.  It is not used in the web based Capital Improvement Plan.  The feature layers used in the new Capital Project Planning solutions are created when you deploy the solution with the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool, or manually configure the solution using the steps outlined on the solution site.

Scott

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

Scott Oppmann‌ For the Story Map component of the CIP solution, does it automatically link up with my infrastructure dataset so that as I scroll through the Story Map it will automatically included those attributes, or do I have to recreate that information in the Story Map and link it up manually?  ALso should I be creating a Story Map or a Journal for use with the CIP solution?

0 Kudos