After deploying the "out of the box" ESRI Election Solutions I have found that the survey is looking for a link to a local user (mike9989). Has anyone tried to deploy this local government solution and ran across this and if so how did you fix this link and what is the link looking for? There is little to no documentation on this "Solution" so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Can you describe the error you're seeing (is it in ArcGIS Pro or AGOL; within Election Assistant) and/or where you're coming into contact with the Mike9989 user? I have some ideas on the issue, but some additional information might help.
In case you haven't seen it already. Here is the help documentation on configuring the item IDs for the Election Wait Times and Election Requests surveys: http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/election-management/get-started/configure-election...
So under Survey123 Connect when you open up the Election Wait time survey then open up the .xlsx sheet an alert pops up "This workbook contains links to one or more external sources that could be unsafe" So you click "Update" followed by "edit links" then this screen pops up.
I just wanted to make sure that I don't break anything that the public might come to rely on and I didn't see anything in the documentation about editing links or "milk9989", so I figured I would ask.
Thank you for the quick response!
Hi Patrick Robb,
Thanks again for reporting this issue. The links aren't necessary to the the Election Wait Times survey. You can break or remove the links (although, removing the external links can be difficult) without affecting functionality. I've logged a bug with the survey so future deployments will not see the external references.
The external links have been removed from the survey excel sheets so future deployments won't see the external links message or local references. Thanks again for reporting the issue.
I have the same warning pop-up issue with a survey XLSForm that is not the “Elections Wait Times” survey. Are you able to share with the GeoNet Community how you “removed the external links” from survey spreadsheet to fix this problem?
The external links reported by Patrick above were caused by copying cell values from one xslx to another while rebuilding a survey. The copy carried path references to the local xslx file (hence the reference to a device name/user). To fix the Election Wait Times survey included when deploying Election Management, we just rebuilt the survey. Excel tools for changing the source or removing the external links didn't seem to work, so we started anew. In the case of the Election Wait Times survey, the external links did not cause any functional issues. They could be ignored and the survey would work properly, but we thought it was important to remove them.
I hope that helps - Mike
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I ended up rebuilding my survey form from scratch. To minimize the necessity of re-typing everything and to stay away from copying links from one xlsx sheet to my new form, I copied cell values from the old xlsx form into Notepad and then from Notepad into the new xlsx form. It worked well and I was done in about 30 minutes.