Between City and County Parcel Data Workflow?????

10-30-2020 08:13 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

How does your city and county work with GIS data parcel / new address update (property appraiser)? I am investigate on my end to build a better workflow project. Please kindly advise.

Thank you for your time.

Alex

PythonLocal Government Solutions UsersWeb GIS‌ @script Land RecordsArcGIS Parcel FabricProperty Tax AssessmentGeodatabase Addressing Address Points Urban and Regional Planning Attribute Rules ArcGIS Server (10.0 and prior)

2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I work for a municipal services district that takes care of the unincorporated townships in the county.  We represent them like any incorporated city.

If a resident comes to us for a parcel address change, we file the change of address affidavit directly with the County Recorders office.  It's a fairly simple procedure.  Once it's recorded the other county entities like Assessor, Treasurer, etc are notified via the Recorders office.

For assigning addresses in new developments, we have deployed the ESRI Address Data Management Solution.

That should just about do it....
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @JoeBorgione 

Thank you for sharing.  I read and checked out the link you provided. This seems like a lot process for one staff to entry an address from planning dept. The goal here is simple and straight forward entry a full address field (aka "full road name" from "master road name") with unique identifier based on text without duplicate in a table to allow null (similar how "master road names" setting) then apply it to address point feature class. 

I just need one table and one feature class because feature class doesn't allowed null on text field as unique identifier. Please advise.

Thank you 

Alexis

0 Kudos