Problem with the Capital Projects Solution Deployment tool

01-16-2018 01:21 PM
MichaelKohler
Occasional Contributor II

I have been trying to deploy a solution from the ArcGIS Pro Solutions Deployment tool. I was and am still getting errors as I work with ESRI to try and fix the problem. As usual, I don't have time to wait and started following the steps laid out in the Manual Section of the link Publish feature layer - Capital Project Locator | ArcGIS for Local Government .

I am frustrated because I have walked through the setup of the Capital Project Plans and manually created the maps, layers and apps. Next, I want to use the Capital Project Locator and walked through all the setup steps laid out in the link above. However, when I view the completed web app I am not seeing what ESRI shows in their demo.

I walked through the steps of the Capital Project Plans and have a working version of this app: http://statelocaltryit.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapAndAppGallery/index.html?appid=3639e59d32874bb6ae4bea... 

I'm trying to get my Capital Project Locator app to look like this: ArcGIS Web Application 

But the information shown in my app is nowhere near what the above app shows. In one of the steps on the Manual Set Up it says 

• Configure the pop-up for each layer using a custom attribute display option.

But it doesn't say what that custom display should be. 

Has anyone successfully deployed or walked through this maze?

My apps are here: ArcGIS Web Application 

and here: https://pslgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapAndAppGallery/index.html?appid=910c1c9cf7bc440c951ffd13f38f2b... 

0 Kudos
46 Replies
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

It seems that making changes to the widget capabilities breaks the link for the images being used for the individual Project Plans apps.  Any ideas on how to reestablish the link to the images?

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

The apps that show in the Capital Project Plans Gallery are the apps that are shared with the Capital Project Plans Group. If you unshare the Capital Project Plans app with the group it should no longer show in the app. In regards to your second question I am not sure what you mean with breaking the link for the images. Could you add some more detail on that issue?

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

RIght I understand that.  But the Capital Plans App is showing in its own gallery which is redundant.  If a user clicks it, a new window opens with another Capital Prject Plans App gallery.  My other issue is that when I disabled some fields for editing/display in their respective project plans webapps, the image that corresponds to their app in the gallery was lost.  Here is what it looks like now:

The stormwater one is there because I made a screenshot of that image and uploaded it as the thumbnail which is what I will probably do for the others, but I wanted to see if there was a way to avoid this problem. 

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

If you unshare the Capital Project Plans app with the Capital Project Plans group it won't show in the gallery app. That app doesn't need to be shared with the group.

For the other issue I am not sure why editing the app configuration would change the thumbnail of the item, I have never encountered that before. If you want to get the original thumbnails back you can do the following:

1. Go to https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MinimalGallery/index.html?appid=28d8f5723e76466987b50b4e57120e97
  2. Click the 'I' info button to open the item details of one of the Project Plans
  3. Right-click the thumbnail and select Save As to save the thumbnail locally
  4. Update your app item with the thumbnail
0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

Thank you for the link to the original images.  I also unshared the Capital Plans app from the group and that fixed the other issue.

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

Chris I have successfully deployed the Capital Project solutions but now I am unable to share them with the members of my organization.  I have added them to the appropriate groups and shared the maps and apps with their groups but they are still getting an error message stating that they do not have access to the resources used in the apps.  How can I remedy this?You do not have access to the resources error.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chad, In that error message there is an item id at the end of the url. I would recommend checking out that item to see it is shared with the user. Also, in addition to the apps and maps you will want to make sure all the layers are shared with the appropriate groups.

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian

Hi Chris Chris Fox, This is the closest thread I could find relating to my problem so I am going to post here.  Is there any documentation that describes the relationships between the feature layers and their views and what apps use those views?  Also, is there anything that describes what the triggers are to progress projects through the workflow?

I just deployed all of the solutions to our Online organization and added a sewer project to the Plan app.  After I entered the information, I checked the subsequent apps like I was going to use the entire workflow but the project is not showing up in anything except the initial Plan app.  I noticed that most of them are using views so I assume it is something that is triggered by an attribute field?  I just cant figure out why/how to get the projects to progress to the next stages/apps.

Thanks for any help!

Cassidy

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cassidy,

Yes, we are using attributes to define which apps the projects display in as they move through the project planning and tracking phases.

This story map provides a good overview of all the individual apps and describes the attributes you need to set to move it to the next set of apps in the solution.

Essentially to move them to Capital Project Review you need to set the Project Status field to 'Analysis and Review'. Then to show them in the Capital Project Dashboard or Locator you would set the project status to 'Board Authorized' and Funded Project to 'Yes'.

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian

Thank you Chris!  I must have been changing the wrong attributes.  Everything seems to be working now.

I have another question pertaining to the views created from the InfrastructureProjects feature layer.  I would like to update the Funding Source domain to reflect our fund names.  Is there any way to update this domain on all of the views as well or do you have to manually go into each one and update them?  I was hoping changes would propagate from the original feature layer to the views or maybe there was some way to do a mass update through Pro. 

Thanks again,

Cassidy

0 Kudos