SUBMITTING DATA TO WAZE

01-26-2018 12:27 PM
DeborahLee1
New Contributor II

Has anyone had problems submitting data through the road closure application by a JSON Feed?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JulieKottamala1
New Contributor II

Hello, Were you able to submit data to Waze?

0 Kudos
DeborahLee1
New Contributor II

Yes

Sincerely,

Debbie Lee

GIS Coordinator

City of Morristown

0 Kudos
JulieKottamala1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, did you use a JSON feed from GeoEvent ? How did you go about it, I guess there are multiple ways to do it. Did you use ESRI's road closure application to do so? Thanks, Julie

0 Kudos
DeborahLee1
New Contributor II

I used the JSON feed (after modifying the fields per Waze guidance) from the service published to ArcGIS Online. I do use ESRI’s road closure application to display this data along with road construction activity in the right of way. We display this map on our City’s web page.

Sincerely,

Debbie Lee

GIS Coordinator

City of Morristown

0 Kudos
JulieKottamala1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information. Could you point me to the Waze guidance on JSON feed? Tempted to give you a call, so many questions:) Thanks for your time.Julie

0 Kudos
JulieKottamala1
New Contributor II

Did you have to use a python or JS script to create the JSON feed for Waze?

0 Kudos
DeborahLee1
New Contributor II

I’ll have to look into as I had difficulties getting the data displayed myself…bare with me and I’ll be glad to help. I have some pressing maps to get completed this afternoon.

Sincerely,

Debbie Lee

GIS Coordinator

City of Morristown

0 Kudos
GeneSipes
New Contributor

I am curious if I can share my road closure data with a JSON REST Endpoint straight from my ArcGIS Server in CIFS format? Or does it have to be a JSON file that is written to and then shared with Waze?

0 Kudos