Can the Attribute Assistant be configured to NENA schema?

Jump to solution
07-01-2019 10:10 AM
DanielWebb
New Contributor III

We're considering using the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) schema for roads and addressing and I'm wondering if it's possible to configure Esri's Attribute Assistant to a schema different from the Local Government Information Model.

From what I can tell in the Attribute Assistant, there are several places to configure.

1. The xml config files found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ArcGISSolutions\ConfigFiles.  The files are 'loaded.aa.config' and 'loaded.address.config'.  Can I change or add fields to these?

2. The GenerateId table specifies the increment of the id.

3. The DynamicValue table which specifies the table name, field name, value method (which specifies to use the GenerateId table), and value info which determines the format of certain fields based on the other feature classes.

So there's a lot going on.

Is it possible to configure all these elements into a different schema other than LGIM?

Or is the original code available where I can go tweak how the Attribute Assistant works?

Is there a tutorial somewhere for this?

Or is all this too much and is it easier to simply code my own Add-Ins?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Short answer: yes.  I've used AA for non-LGIM features.  All I did was create the rules (dynamic table).  You realize that AA is only available for Arc Map/ArcCatalog and not Pro.

Find the documentation here : http://solutions.arcgis.com/shared/help/attribute-assistant/documentation/

can't wait to retire....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Short answer: yes.  I've used AA for non-LGIM features.  All I did was create the rules (dynamic table).  You realize that AA is only available for Arc Map/ArcCatalog and not Pro.

Find the documentation here : http://solutions.arcgis.com/shared/help/attribute-assistant/documentation/

can't wait to retire....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DanielWebb
New Contributor III

Actually, I didn't realize it wouldn't work on Pro, nor did I think to look into that. Thanks for the heads-up.  Since ArcMap will be going away it seems pointless to try to make the Attribute Assistant work so we're considering other options.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Attribute Rules in arcgis Pro initially came out for enterprise geodatabases only.  It has since been ported for file geodatabases.  I haven't had a chance to work with it yet, but it's something that is evolving (as everything else) so eventually it may reach a level of maturity such that it's a viable replacement for AA.

can't wait to retire....
0 Kudos
DanielWebb
New Contributor III

Yeah, possibly.  I was playing around with Attribute Rules last Friday.  There are some possible options there.  Like everything Pro, hopefully things will mature, as you say.

0 Kudos