webapp builder - filter by enrich variables

11-01-2020 08:46 PM
DuVergerRay
New Contributor II

so am trying to build my first webapp , and am not sure how to accomplish the following. 

I have an enrich layer with multiple variables ... what I would like is that when an area (zipcode) is clicked on the map only information for a selected enrich variable is shown.
I fished reading through the "configure 2d widgets help" file and trying some that I thought could help filter but still haven't figured out how to perform the action described above.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure what the enrich layer is, but if you mean to configure a pop-up, you would set these options in the Web Map powering your app.

0 Kudos
DuVergerRay
New Contributor II

thanks for the reply david,

an enrich layer allows you to run studies to add data to a map. e.g. population w a college degree by age group, employment data, etc.

I figured I would create a layer for each dataset am interested in and in the web app select that particular layer to show that data. using the layer widget the user can select employment layer and it would show employment statistics or the degree by age group and that data would be shown on the map

is it possible to do the same with just one layer? as opposed to what I just described

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello DuVerger,

David is correct, you can configure the pop-up to show only the information you need.

This is done on the web map that is contained within the web app.

Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Most of the base functionality is controlled by the web map. You can think of the web app as an extra wrapper around that web map that provides some extra functionality and control.

Here are a few lessons that show step-by-step examples of configuring pop-ups in a few different ways:

Get started with Map Viewer | Learn ArcGIS 

Policy mapping - Safe streets to schools | Learn ArcGIS 

Get Started with Arcade | Learn ArcGIS  

A lot of customization is possible with pop-ups, so if you are unable to achieve what you need at first, I recommend the third lesson in that list, to learn how to use Arcade to build exactly the pop-up that you need.

0 Kudos
DuVergerRay
New Contributor II

Hi Heather,
thanks again... I feel I understand, I was looking for a way to do what the pop-up configuration offers but dynamically, so the user can select that data they want to see from a menu.
Show Data X for Lee County
Show Data Y for Lee County

with my current knowledge I have solved it by adding different layers but it feels like it will not scale well

0 Kudos