Missing exercise data in https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/visualize-business-growth-by-industry/

Jump to solution
10-15-2021 10:12 AM
CarmiNeiger
New Contributor

The Business_Data_by_Industry file seems to be missing the industry data.

CarmiNeiger_0-1634317958421.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi @CarmiNeiger 

I can't reproduce this problem. It's possible that something got disconnected with the map package.

The data is stored inside of the Scenario3_PredictedJobGrowth.mpkx file, but once you open this package it creates a new folder. You'll probably need to delete this folder to fix things.

I recommend these steps:

1. close ArcGIS Pro.

2. Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\ArcGIS\Packages and delete the Scenario3_PredictedJobGrowth_d0e233 folder.

3. Delete the folder you downloaded for the lesson.

4. Start the lesson again, re-downloading the data.

I hope this resolves the problem!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi @CarmiNeiger 

I can't reproduce this problem. It's possible that something got disconnected with the map package.

The data is stored inside of the Scenario3_PredictedJobGrowth.mpkx file, but once you open this package it creates a new folder. You'll probably need to delete this folder to fix things.

I recommend these steps:

1. close ArcGIS Pro.

2. Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\ArcGIS\Packages and delete the Scenario3_PredictedJobGrowth_d0e233 folder.

3. Delete the folder you downloaded for the lesson.

4. Start the lesson again, re-downloading the data.

I hope this resolves the problem!

0 Kudos
CarmiNeiger
New Contributor

Thanks, Heather, both for the helpful info and the VERY rapid response. As an instructor, I find these exercises very helpful for my students and your immediate response helps me help them. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

You are welcome!

0 Kudos