LearnArcGIS Lessons

Jump to solution
07-24-2022 01:30 PM
Labels (2)
JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

I am having a hard time with some of the new user lessons...

I am working on some of the Learn ArcGIS for New Users and I am finding that the directions in the lessons are not a match to the actual function of the new map viewer. So for instance I had a very hard time following the Create a policy map to address health conditions lessons because the histogram are is not clear, the invert map function is not labeled well to find it. When I get down to the filter data are and get to step 9 my map looks nothing like what it should be per the lesson. This has happened in other lessons too.

Have any suggestions? Not upset just want to make sure I am learning ArcGIS in the best way possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

@JasonSchmerer This lesson was recently updated. The new version will be available on our site late in the day next Thursday, August 4th.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi  @JasonSchmerer 
I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the lessons.
It sounds like some of your troubles are due to a recent update to ArcGIS Online that has changed some UI - not all of our lessons have been updated yet to reflect these changes. I've attached a few screenshots of the new controls that might help you with the specific issues you mentioned in Create a policy map to address health conditions.
I also recommend the lesson Get started with ArcGIS Online, which was recently updated and should reflect the new UI in ArcGIS Online.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

0 Kudos
JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

Thank you @HeatherSmith I appreciate it! Been trying to figure this out. Thank you! I will start that map over. Have to say I am learning a lot and having a lot of fun doing the map lessons. Also seeing how you all teach to interpret the map helps. I go through the lessons a little a little slower to try to learn.

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

@JasonSchmerer This lesson was recently updated. The new version will be available on our site late in the day next Thursday, August 4th.

0 Kudos
SamriddhiSrivastava
New Contributor II

Nice starting

0 Kudos