I am unable to aggregate by mean when trying to create a line chart

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 11:28 AM
LaraValles
New Contributor

I am doing the Model Water Quality Using Interpolation lesson on Learn ArcGIS and while trying to create a line chart, I am unable to aggregate by mean. It only allows me to aggregate by count. I followed all the steps in the lesson which are straightforward but I would consider myself a beginner when it comes to using ArcGIS and don't know how to resolve this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FloraVale
Esri Contributor

Hi Lara Valles,

The Chart Properties pane underwent a redesign with the Pro 2.4 release, so the line chart configuration will be a little different in your version of Pro. No wonder you were confused!

I took a look at the lesson you referenced, and it looks like you want your line chart to display the mean of the MeasureValue variable. In versions prior to Pro 2.4, you set the numeric attribute through the drop-down in the series table, like in the screenshot below:

Once you've added the numeric field you can go back and set the Aggregation to Mean, and the rest of the steps should be the same.

Hope this helps!

Flora

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FloraVale
Esri Contributor

Hi Lara Valles,

The Chart Properties pane underwent a redesign with the Pro 2.4 release, so the line chart configuration will be a little different in your version of Pro. No wonder you were confused!

I took a look at the lesson you referenced, and it looks like you want your line chart to display the mean of the MeasureValue variable. In versions prior to Pro 2.4, you set the numeric attribute through the drop-down in the series table, like in the screenshot below:

Once you've added the numeric field you can go back and set the Aggregation to Mean, and the rest of the steps should be the same.

Hope this helps!

Flora

0 Kudos