How can I open a private URL link in ArcMap

10-28-2020 02:03 AM
MarianaMarmelada
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm sorry if my question is odd (or even wrong) but I'm a beginner at ArcGIS.

I've been sent a URL link for a private database that I would like to open in ArcMap. I'm able to open it in ArcGIS Online but it's protected so I can't make it public to access it from ArcGIS from ArcMap (besides I'm unable to log-in in ArcGIS from ArcMap (Bug: Unable to sign in to ArcGIS Online from ArcMap using Google credentials).

I would like to know if there is a way to open this link directly on ArcMap.

This is the link: https://agis.bosai.go.jp/webgis/rest/services/dil-db/saigai/MapServer

I should also mention that when I open it in ArcGIS Online I'm only able to view and filter the data, I'm unable to download the .csv file to then import it to ArcMap and work with it. Btw I have a student license, so no ArcGIS Pro.

Thank you,

Mariana

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello Mariana,

When you say you have a student license, is that through Learn ArcGIS, your school, or some other channel?

If you have a license you will also have ArcGIS login credentials (not just Google login) and these should allow you to access the data you need.

One way to find out is to sign in to ArcGIS Online and click the Organization tab. Look for the Administrative contacts.

Whoever is listed there can provide you with your username and help you reset your password. If your administrator is Learn ArcGIS, email us at learnargissupport@esri.com

0 Kudos