10.8.1 New Installed tool bar question

Jump to solution
02-12-2021 06:49 AM
elterrell4
New Contributor III

Hello -

I recently got 10.8.1 installed on my desktop, however the magnifying glass/zoom function is missing.  Also missing is the data/layout view in the bottom left corner.  How can I add these functions back?  I've never had to set it up before.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

ArcMap will be part of the same install I believe, just search for it on the start menu or installation folder.  I definitely wouldn't use ArcGlobe instead of ArcMap unless you needed to do any 3D stuff.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

So the magnifying glass is part of the 'tools' toolbar - right click on some empty grey space at the top, or go to Customize -> Toolbars -> ensure 'Tools' is clicked on.

The data view / layout view toggle buttons are part of 'scroll bars'.  Go to View -> ensure 'scroll bars' is ticked on

0 Kudos
elterrell4
New Contributor III
Hi David -
Thank you for the help!
I tried right clicking on the gray and saw 'tools'...it is turned on but no zoom. I toggled on and off, still no zoom.

Went to View for the data view but don't have 'scroll bars'.

[A picture containing building, cage Description automatically generated]
[A picture containing text, electronics Description automatically generated]
0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

oh that's no good 😞

It looks like you tried to attach pictures but I don't think they uploaded properly.

0 Kudos
elterrell4
New Contributor III

screenshot.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

 Sorry, I had to resize them.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

This is ArcGlobe, I've not used it in quite some time (btw does anyone still use Scene?!), but I think you can zoom with scrolling by clicking on the globe symbol with 4 cardinal arrows on it (to the left of the hand and bird symbols in the top left).  I don't recall a layout view in Globe but as I say it's not a tool I use.

However I have a sneaking suspicion you've opened the wrong program (you want ArcMap).

0 Kudos
elterrell4
New Contributor III
Ohhhh, you're right. I hadn't noticed that. It was just installed on my computer by IT and I didn't see that. Now I'll have to research the differences and see what I can and can't do differently.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

ArcMap will be part of the same install I believe, just search for it on the start menu or installation folder.  I definitely wouldn't use ArcGlobe instead of ArcMap unless you needed to do any 3D stuff.

0 Kudos