Unable to Delete Points

11-12-2019 09:27 AM
AnneBransford1
New Contributor III

I rejoined this parcel after making some adjustments to neighboring parcels. When I rejoined, the old points remained. They are not line points so I can't use the options in the Delete Fabric Records toolbar. The ordinary "delete" options in the main toolbar and in the right-click menu of the attributes window are greyed out. I'm stumped.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Did you build topology?  I have not worked with Topology but you may need to rebuild the topology if you did.

0 Kudos
AnneBransford1
New Contributor III

No, we don't have one in place, though I think we're going to put one together in the next couple months. I was hoping for just a quick fix today.

0 Kudos
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

is this in arcmap or pro?

if it's in arcmap, add the polygon feature class inside your parcel fabric and see if that underlying parcel got marked as historic by mistake or something like that.

essentially you're looking for something in the table that makes the parcel that's there not draw correctly. examine the polygons surrounding it to make sure everything matches up in the table. you can't do this in the normal parcel fabric, which is why you have to go examine the polygon feature class.

if it's in pro, i have no idea

0 Kudos
AnneBransford1
New Contributor III

It's ArcMap, we haven't upgraded yet. It's super weird - the parcel is current but the out-of-place points aren't marked historic and they should be. I can't edit the attribute field though...

0 Kudos
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

can you use the identify tool on the points? it will give you the OID of the parcel they're attached to and you can find it that way as well. i've run into this before in my LGIM fabric but it looks like you're not using that specific model. 

0 Kudos