Parcel Merging: Construction method

10-03-2018 11:08 AM
SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to merge two parcels in a parcel fabric by using the 'Select Parcel Features' tool, then right clicking and selecting 'Merge'. In the Merge dialog box, I then select the respective plan and template. Once I run the merge I am treated to the attached error message, stating "Construction method error". I have tried merging courses on the problem parcel, and have also tried construction new parcels from the parent, with no luck. I can't for the life of me seem to find any documentation or fixes regarding this error.

Any and all help and info on this is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

check to see if either or both of your parcels have line strings, if they do explode them.

also check to see if there's a ghost connection line in your parcel, if that's there delete it. it's a connection line that shouldn't be there or unconnected to the parcel

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

In your experience with the Parcel Fabric how often do you see these so-called ghost connection lines in your parcels?  Do you have any idea how these ghost connection lines get created?

0 Kudos
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

it tends to happen after a construct from parent operation on a parcel with curves. a lot of the new master planned subdivisions in my area are nothing but curved lines and i've run into this a handful of times. i have no idea how they're made but if i recall tech support is aware but there's no fix.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

That is very helpful information for troubleshooting issues in the parcel fabric.  It does look like ESRI is working with ArcMap as much, so maybe this issue will be fixed when the parcel fabric is supported in Pro software.

0 Kudos
SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

Anna,

Thank you for the info, it is very helpful. Looks like I do have some line strings. However, when I view them in the Parcel Details window, I can't split the line strings. When I right click the line string, the drop down options are grayed out. Any idea why this might be?

0 Kudos
KarinPierce
New Contributor III

If you Unjoin your parcel and then open it in the Parcel Explorer window you should be able to split the line strings.

SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

Hi Anna,

How would one go about checking to see if there's a ghost connection line in a parcel?

0 Kudos