Parcel lines labeling problem in Portal web app

08-15-2019 09:07 AM
MennoTerBals_GIS4C
Esri Contributor

Good morning,

For our client we're setting up a new parcel fabric in ArcGIS Pro/Enterprise. We've managed to create and publish a parcel fabric and all seems to work well.

For demonstration purposes we created a web map with the parcel fabric feature services and used the web map in a web app, both in Portal. The parcel lines layers in the web map are configured not to display labeling. No problem so far.

The web app however does not respect the labeling setting for the parcel lines layers and does display the labeling (the labels, that should not show up, display as erroneous). See atachments.

I've tried this in the basic viewer template as well as the Web App Builder.

I'm assuming the labeling display problem has to do with the Arcade expressions used in the parcel fabric.

Any ideas on how to suppress labeling on the parcel lines layers in a web app?

Kind regards,

Menno ter Bals

GIS4C

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Menno ter Bals ,

Labels is the web map do not support yet the "html" formatting applied in ArcGIS Pro. You can control the labeling in the web map (not the web app). In your web map, click on the 3 dots behind the line layer in the TOC and select the manage labels option:

and then switch the labels off:

Sorry for the Spanish screenshots... 

MennoTerBals_GIS4C
Esri Contributor

Hi Xander,

Thank you for this background information!

I indeed noticed that switching the labels off in the web map works, but only in the web map.

I'll try Amir's suggestions from his comment.

Kind regards,

Menno

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Menno ter Bals

Web maps do not support the html tags on the label expression that are used for font formatting in Pro.

In 2.5 we will remove the html tags for the published layer templates.

Until then you have 2 oprtions:

1. Remove the html tags yourself from the layer template that can be found here: "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\LayerTemplates\ParcelFabric\en-US\Lines.lyrx". benefit: it will use your template every time you publish.

2. Modify the label expression on the published layer.

you can use the same pattern for all published layers (points, lines, polygons)

MennoTerBals_GIS4C
Esri Contributor

Hi Amir,

Thank you for the information and both suggestions!

Awaiting Pro 2.5 I will try your suggestions for now.

Kind regards,

Menno

0 Kudos