Adopting Cogo Bearings

12-28-2015 01:22 PM
MichelleHoisington
New Contributor II

LotLineAdjustment.jpg

I am bringing in a couple of parcels that were COGOed based on a Record of Survey (from a Lot Line Adjustment).  Is there a way for a line segment to adopt the COGOed bearings from surveyed lines on an adjacent parcel in the Parcel Fabric?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

Hi Michelle

A parcel line cannot automatically adopt the cogo bearing of an adjacent line in the parcel fabric - there isnt any way to do this short of opening and editing the parcel.

MichelleHoisington
New Contributor II

Christine, Thank you for the comment to my post.  I was indeed looking for a shortcut.  I suspected that the only way was to open the adjacent parcel and recogo.  I am also thinking that if the new parcel overlaps the adjacent parcel; you can do the parcel remainder – this would grab the new COGOed values without opening the adjacent parcel(s) and reCOGOing.  However, the 'parcel remainder' method only works if the parcels overlap - that may not happen often with a simple lot line adjustment.

I appreciate your help!   

0 Kudos
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

There is a workflow in the documentation for a lot line adjustment - it uses the Construct from parent tool. It might be helpful:

Boundary Line Adjustment—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos