Select to view content in your preferred language

Cadastral XML file in 10.3 pre-release

Jump to solution
10-22-2014 01:00 PM
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II

So I installed the 10.3 pre-release today.  When I export a cadastral xml from one geodatabase and attempt to append it to another parcel fabric, I get an error that the datum doesn't match.  Both feature datasets are using the same coordinate system.  I found out by comparing the xml created after the upgade to 10.3 and one created before - that the esrispatialreference tag for the xml file from the 10.3 export is missing the vertical coordinate system parameter at the end of the line.

Is this a bug?

I fixed it by pasting the missing info from an older xml.

My tech support footprint has become much bigger as of late.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for finding this in the 10.3 pre-release.

If you suspect something to be a bug - please submit a technical support incident such that it is logged, tracked and reproduced.

Are you using the same spatial reference on both parcel fabrics? i.e. the same Horizontal and Vertical coordinate systems?

I am also wondering what you are using a cadastral XML for? is this between staging and production? is this part of your daily workflows?

Thanks,

Amir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for finding this in the 10.3 pre-release.

If you suspect something to be a bug - please submit a technical support incident such that it is logged, tracked and reproduced.

Are you using the same spatial reference on both parcel fabrics? i.e. the same Horizontal and Vertical coordinate systems?

I am also wondering what you are using a cadastral XML for? is this between staging and production? is this part of your daily workflows?

Thanks,

Amir

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II

I will submit it to tech support.

We were working on local file geodatabases and then moving them to the server using cadastral XML files because we were experiencing painfully slow editing draw times and the parcel entry grid couldn't keep up with our typing.  I have since fixed that problem, but I have been moving what I have worked on over to the server.  My problem with the server was my spatial index was using a huge geographic extent which slowed down our editing.  I recalculated the extent and it works fine.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II

You were right Amir,

I didn't have a Z coordinate system set for my file geodatabase parcel fabric feature dataset.  It's weird that I was able to export xmls and import them to the server before the update to 10.3 though.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

I am happy to hear the performance issue was resolved when the spatial index was fixed. If you see any performance issues please submit a tech. support.

As for the spatial reference, it seems like the error message was valid. I suspect something has changed on the spatial reference string in 10.3 because nothing has changed on the Cadastral XML.

Another thing to consider is to select all the edited parcel in the FGDB and use the GP tool Append Parcel Fabric to the enterprise geodatabase. If you need you can also append them as unjoined and go through the joining process.

Amir

JeffWard
Regular Contributor II

Thanks Amir, I'll give the Append Parcel Fabric tool a try.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos