Who's Who?

11-17-2016 08:12 AM
LinkElmore
New Contributor III

We can't collaborate if we don't know one another.  So, please introduce yourself to the group.

Hi, I'm Link.  I work in the Info Technology department at the City of Johnson City.  My title is Geospatial Project Manager and I oversee the enterprise GIS database and development of applications that use that data.  I started here in June 2016 after several years with the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy in Big Stone Gap, VA.  I still live in Virginia and drive in to Johnson City every day from Abingdon.

My observation since arriving is that there are a lot of agencies, both government and private, using GIS in and around Johnson City, but we aren't all aware of each other, or know who to call for what data, or to ask a question.  People come and go, positions get cut, and that exacerbates the problem.  I set up this group as a way of helping us know who's out there and how to contact them.  My contact info is below.  Please feel free to reach out to me if I can help you with anything. I particularly like web mapping applications and my job requires that I know a bit about data management in SDE.  Here at CoJC, we are in the process of migrating our data to the Local Government Information Model, so if you're heading down that road, please give us a call and we can share our experience.

One final word; I know several of us are members of NETGIS.  This group isn't intended to replace that, but is a bit more focused on Johnson City and the four surrounding counties, rather than the Northeast Tennessee region at large.  It's also a bit more immediate to post something here rather than wait for the next NETGIS meeting if you need a colleague.

Thanks,

Link Elmore

lelmore@johnsoncitytn.org

423-434-5783

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies