Select to view content in your preferred language

Changing the fill color of Military symbol

02-09-2023 07:59 PM
NebiSARIKAYA
New Contributor III

Is it possible to change the fill color of the milstd2525 icon programmatically?

Is it possible to change the symbol of the military icon dynamically?

I am asking this because, Luciad let's changing color and symbol dynamically.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@NebiSARIKAYA 

The 2525c symbology we use matches the published standard for placing these items on a map, but we recognise that there are instances where someone would deviate from this standard.  The styling and the color is driven from the SIC codes which decide if an item is red or green for example which denotes important information to the reader of the map.

There is a way, but can you give a specific example of what you are trying to achieve so I can give you the best answer.  

0 Kudos
NebiSARIKAYA
New Contributor III

I am trying to display Tactical Symbols (icons) on some specific graphics overlays with non standard fill colors since, affiliation color is received from the UDP data stream dynamically. You may see the example screenshot from my application using NASA WorldWind. I also would like to display the Tactical Graphics with color other than black or red, as seen in the screenshot.

Additionally, the SIC codes of the symbols are also updated via UDP DataStream. Because of this I need to dynamically change the symbols as well. Is there an easy way to do this?

0 Kudos