Does anyone have documentation comparing different architectures proposed by ESRI in which the advantages and disadvantages of each of them are specified?

11-13-2019 03:03 PM
María_CristinaAlonso_Serrano
New Contributor II

In a given project I have recommended a high availability installation in active-passive mode, they are asking me to provide a comparison between different ESRI technology implementation architectures to justify the proposed decision. Do you know if this documentation already exists?
Thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Duplicate question Does anyone have documentation comparing different GIS softwares? The idea is to present a compariso... - updated to not a duplicate following clarification. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Good afternoon Louise. Comparing different software and different architecture models are very different things to my understanding, in fact, I decided to separate the question so as not to mix concepts.
Can you explain to me why you have marked my two requests as outdated? There will be no way for anyone to support me if you do that, and if you know that this information is somewhere I would love you to show me.

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Maria, apologies it appeared that these two questions were similar. As you've clarified it seems like they are not so I'll remove the outdated and the question will appear as normal. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thank you so much,

Do not forget to do it with both of them please, to find someone who could give some information about both subjects would help me immensely

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both questions are active and open. Hope the community is able to help you further with these. 

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help, I know links which explain architectures what I need is a comparison between them but anyway thank you for your response

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The pros and cons should describe the advantages and disadvantages, which can be compared against each other. It can boil down to:

1) If this is a site in a single data center, do you want to federate? If yes, you need a multi-machine site. You can't set up active-passive environment and federate to Portal.

2) Do you have the expertise to manage a load balancer? If not, use the web adaptor. Consider that it's a single point of failure, unless you use DNS to set up redundancy.

You can look into geographic redundancy, which means you have two separate deployments, one active and one standby, and you're replicating content between the data centers.

These types of architectural discussions are a bit difficult to have via a Geonet post, as the topic can get quite complex.

New Contributor II

Thank you very much, I have already created the documentation that I needed but this information is going to be very useful for me.
I really appreciate your help

0 Kudos