ArcGIS DataStore in an ArcGIS Server HA Active-Passive?

10-20-2020 08:05 AM
RubénPérez_Planillo
New Contributor III

Hello!

I need to configure an ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS DataStore in HA active passive mode.

I understand how to configure ArcGIS Server, in 2 independent servers following the indications in this link:

Single-machine high-availability (active-passive) deployment—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for A... 

but I'm really confused when I try to understand how to add an ArcGIS Data Store to this deploy, using the same HA active passive configuration.

There is no indication in the link added above related to arcgis datastore and I don't know how to implement this.

It seems that the standard configuration to deploy a failover datastore:

Add a machine to your data store—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

is no valid for an active passive arcgis server.

How I can deploy an ArcGIS Datastore with automatic replication in this scenario?

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor

Hello. So since the Data Store is associated with ArcGIS Enterprise and not ArcGIS Server, that is probably why it is not mentioned in that ArcGIS Server specific link. Essentially, you need Enterprise because you need Portal to have a Hosting Server and the Data Store is associated to your Hosting Server. When configuring a highly available Enterprise configuration, there is a specific procedure and configuration which includes the active/passive Data Store. https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-highly-available-system.... 

Tags (1)