How Drone Imagery Helps Texas 9-1-1 Agency Stay Crisis-Ready Despite Growth

11-12-2019 05:44 AM
AdamCarnow
Esri Regular Contributor
0 0 115

Are you wondering if drones can help your agency?  Check out this success story on how North Central Texas Emergency Communications District (NCT9-1-1) updates its maps by using drone imagery and GIS.

• A fast-growing region in Texas uses satellite and drone imagery to update maps and addresses.
  • Fresh imagery helps 9-1-1 telecommunicators quickly locate emergency callers and route first responders.
  • Imagery informs addressing authorities accurately, essential to quickly reaching people in crisis.

Texas 9-1-1 Agency Uses Imagery to Stay Current with Booming Growth 

About the Author
GIS practitioner for over 25 years. Grew up in Florida. I'm a Community Evangelist. Been at Esri since 2008. BA in Geography and MA in Urban & Regional Planning from University of Florida. Formerly GIS instructor and Planner. Varied background includes applying GIS and related spatial technologies to complex, award-winning projects across the globe in the realms of planning, transportation and environmental sciences. Experience includes the public sector, business and academia. I have achieved certification as an Urban Planner (AICP) and GIS Professional (GISP). I support the Planning and Community Development Team at Esri. This includes development and presentation of hands-on GIS workshops for the American Planning Association’s (APA) annual conference and state APA conferences.