ViewPoint Mosaic Method Image Service

Jump to solution
07-24-2015 04:30 AM
Labels (1)
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

Does anybody know, how to properly use esriMosaicViewpoint Mosaic Rule with Export Image REST endpoint?

I tried to use the following code along with Image Service which uses sample Amberg images from ArcGIS Desktop Tutorial :

{"mosaicMethod" : "esriMosaicViewpoint",
  "viewpoint": "x":4489798,"y":5478672,"spatialReference":{"wkid":31494},
  "ascending" : true,
  "mosaicOperation" : "MT_FIRST"
}

The result is that the result image is always the same, no matter what coordinates you put as a viepoint. It seems that the Service does not honor this specific Mosiac Rule. I used LockRaster method too, which worked just fine.

The same image service is consumed with ArcGIS for Desktop and Viewpoint window without any problem.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Viewpoint is a point geometry object, should have curly brackets, something like this:

"viewpoint": {"x":4489798,"y":5478672,"spatialReference":{"wkid":31494}},

}

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
larryzhang

Adam,

When observing no differences, what are the data sources in the test, i.e., the sample Amberg images or your own airphotos? If your own high-resolution airphotos data, how many tiles in MD?

It looks fine with the sample data.

Pls check the help resource at http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/desktop/latest/map/web-maps-and-services/using-the-viewpoint-tool.htm

0 Kudos
nita14
by

HI Larry,

I use sample Amberg images, both for Desktop Viewpoint dialog and Image Service source data. As I mentioned, the Mosaicking method does not work when hitting it from REST endpoint. Using Desktop (SOAP) , source MD and Image Service work just fine.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
larryzhang

Do you mean that it is not controllable in the web (consuming from REST service)?

++++++++

Just as a learning curve, the following can be raised for the discussion.

If the web app uses this advanced capabilities allowing users to see all sides of buildings, an function / widget like 'Viewpoint' (inside the desktop ArcGIS) should be implemented in this web. Isn't it?

In our practice, we often use the similar widget to view/ measure/ model the oblique airphotos...

Good idea to confirm with ESRI...

0 Kudos
nita14
by

larry zhang:

Do you mean that it is not controllable in the web (consuming from REST service)?

Yes, I do mean this.

Just as a learning curve, the following can be raised for the discussion.

If the web app uses this advanced capabilities allowing users to see all sides of buildings, an function / widget like 'Viewpoint' (inside the desktop ArcGIS) should be implemented in this web. Isn't it?

In our practice, we often use the similar widget to view/ measure/ model the oblique airphotos...

Good idea to confirm with ESRI...

According to REST help, it is implemented on the Image Server endpoint. So, the logic is there. The only thing to do, is to create valid JSON to submit for mosaicking method.

Looking forward for any help on this!

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Viewpoint is a point geometry object, should have curly brackets, something like this:

"viewpoint": {"x":4489798,"y":5478672,"spatialReference":{"wkid":31494}},

}

0 Kudos
nita14
by

Thank you Peter. I must have been blind not seeing this obvious error! Now, it works like a charm!

0 Kudos