Tiff Raster Transformation in ArcMap 10.8

Jump to solution
06-07-2021 06:45 PM
ChuckTurlington
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have 14 historic aerial images that need to be transformed from UTM-16N meters to State Plane Nad83, US feet.  My notes on this subject (from 10.2 release) do not appear to apply directly to ArcMap 10.8.  Can someone give me a little guidance on the best, most direct approach to transform all the tiff imagery.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Project Raster (Data Management)—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

How Project Raster works—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

The current help topics... "Project" is the term, since you are going from one coordinate system to another.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you explain "your notes"?

By UTM_16N, I assume the undelying GCS is WGS_1984. Use Project Raster, as suggested by Dan.

For Transformation Method, choose NAD_1983_To_WGS_1984_5 (from dropdown, if required), unless a different method is required? A transformation method works both ways.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Project Raster (Data Management)—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

How Project Raster works—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

The current help topics... "Project" is the term, since you are going from one coordinate system to another.

... sort of retired...
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you explain "your notes"?

By UTM_16N, I assume the undelying GCS is WGS_1984. Use Project Raster, as suggested by Dan.

For Transformation Method, choose NAD_1983_To_WGS_1984_5 (from dropdown, if required), unless a different method is required? A transformation method works both ways.

Think Location