Synchronize Raster Dataset

08-31-2010 09:33 AM
VuDang
by
New Contributor
Hello,
Is there an API or ISCommand that is the equivalent of Using the toolbar command

Image Service > Advanced > Synchronize Raster Dataset.

I need to call this programatically for my custom application to ensure that the image service can be compiled properly.  Apparently, the compiled version behave differently from the ISDef version if the footprints in the RPDefs do not match the footprints in the Image Service table (ie shapefile). 

Please help if you know the ISCommand or other API.

Regards,
Vu Dang
TransCanada PipeLines
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor
When compiling the ISDef the footprints are taken from the shape file not from the RPDefs. The synchronize is primarily to update the RPDefs. A work flow in which you may want to update the RPDefs is if you are importing the RPDefs into a different ISDef. In this case it would be easier to use recompute footprint by related geometry to copy the footprints across.
If the service is not compiling properly then is must be another issue. One possibility is that the footprints are very detailed and you have some intersecting vertices. If you have generated the footprints the you may want to recheck this.
0 Kudos
VuDang
by
New Contributor
If I do not use the Synchronize Raster Dataset command before compiling into an ISCDef, the resulting image service will have white areas around the overviews when placed on top of Bing online map.

This command must be affecting compilation of the ISCDef.

As this command is only affecting the RPDefs, the compile must be using the RPDefs in some manner.
0 Kudos
VuDang
by
New Contributor
The steps to duplicate my problem is

1) create an empty image service
2) add one tiff file
3) generate overview
4) run compute footprint by geometry
5) build boundary
6) select overviews
7) run compute footprint of overviews by clipping to boundary
😎 add bing layer below this layer
9) confirm that white (nodata) area are not visible
10) compile to iscdef and publish
11) confirm that white areas are visible

If you run the command synchronize raster dataset before step 10, the resulting service will have no white areas.

In any case, is there an API or IScommand for Synchronize raster dataset?
0 Kudos
VuDang
by
New Contributor
It is working now after upgrading to 9.3.1 SP2.
0 Kudos