Spectral Profile chart properties data tab won't load and crashes Pro

12-13-2020 01:40 PM
JK_347
by
New Contributor

I'm using Pro 2.6.3 and trying to create a spectral profile. When I select my tif, then go to Raster Layer > Data > Visualize > Create Chart > Spectral Profile, the chart properties data tab won't load correctly and causes Pro to freeze and crash. I don't have this issue if I select Histogram or Scatter Plot. Does anyone know of a solution, or cause for this issue? 

11 Replies
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Hey! Can we please get some more information about the imagery you're using? For example, resolution [spatial and spectral!].

Also - it might be worth checking the system requirements to see if there's anything else going on! 

Excelsior.
0 Kudos
BrianGelder1
New Contributor III

I've got exactly the same issues (and would have the same screenshot), running 2.7.1. My system meets or exceeds all the requirements. The image I'm trying to profile is the 'Multispectral' raster product of Landsat 8, scene ID: LC08_L1TP_026031_20200710_20200912_02_T1. I've got some training samples and have already run some classifications with them but now I'd like to see what the spectral profiles look like so I can introduce the students in my class to the process of profiling. Should I not be profiling a raster product?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
SeanJarrett
New Contributor

I have exactly the same issue with a new machine that meets specification requirements. Also I am trying to profile a Landsat 8 GeoTiff ref LC08_L1TP_193027_20200102_20200113_01_T1

0 Kudos
DanielJager1
New Contributor

I was wondering if there has been updates. I am so having the same issue with ArcGIS 2.8 and Landsat 8 imagery. I am using a composite tif made from bands 1-7. It is 30m spatial resolution. My system requirements should exceed what is necessary. I supposed I could just take the values and plot them, but I am hoping there is some sort of resolution.

0 Kudos
BrianGelder1
New Contributor III

I, and my RS class of 20 students, haven't had any issues in AG 2.9, might you be able to upgrade? Another option may be to store your data in File GDB rasters.

0 Kudos
DanielJager1
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try storing it in a geodatabase. I can update, but I don't have admin privilege's so it can take a bit of time.

0 Kudos
TheodrosWoldeyohannes
New Contributor

I am having the same issue, using Pro 3.0.1.

What hardware are you all using? I'm on AMD and think it could be an architecture side issue (I have had issues with ArcGIS on AMD hardware in the past).

I tested it on my laptop that has much older hardware but it works fine (running Intel and Nvidia).

BFWatson
New Contributor

I am having the same issue! I am also on AMD. Did you find a solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PeytonStever
New Contributor

I had the exact same issue in 3.1.1. I had luck fixing this issue by disabling my integrated graphics.

I'm using a laptop with an Intel i7-1260p and an RTX 3050ti laptop graphics card. Unfortunately, that means not working with an external monitor until I'm done with the tool.

0 Kudos