Sentinel Imagery Time slider in AGOL /Web App Builder

Jump to solution
06-29-2018 01:49 AM
Arpa_PiemonteGeoportal_Team
Occasional Contributor II

why the services seems not time enabled? is there an easy way to visualize different images based on a time sliiders?

I know that it is possible to add a filter by "acquisition date fileld"   but this functions actually is not so performant and  intuitive for final users.

Thank you Very Much

Enrico

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Megan,
To achive this, you have to enable "Individual Image Search", specify the Sentinel-Layer and the AquisitionDate Field. I have created and attached a short video that might be easier to follow than a lengthy text. Plus the dummy app shown in the video will be available for a few days. The control with the 3 vertical bars opens the UI to select a specific date available in the extent chosen.
Hope this helps!
G.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Enrico,

the ImageService has all information to use time - as you clearly state - but it prevents users to enable time slider functionality by not having "use time" activated in the Service properties to avoid "un-aware" use that might result in senseless processing and searches blocking other users from proper access. The new Imagery Apps now work with another method and selector. Try to use for example the new:

There you can easily configure the layer to give you a dropdown of available dates for a selected area ... 

Regards
Guenter

Thank you  Guenter, 

Why this solution respect Landast image services that are time enabled ?

Imagery viewer is nice but we would integrate natively this kind of services in AGOL and in Web Appbuilder 

together with other time enabled layers (i. e fires, air quality etc).

Thanl you for your collaboration

regards

Enrico

0 Kudos
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Valid question,

Have no details there. And no complete answer. Data structures are completely different in the stores we can access – maybe someone else will comment here

PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Enrico,

You have a good point. There are advantages and disadvantages of making the layers time aware. The issue has been that when time aware some app default to the earliest time and this does not work well for such services. Also the standard time line tools are not very effective at working with images with such disparate times. Hence the suggestion to use the time selector tools. Note there is now a image/time selector in the WebMap Viewer as well as in Pro and using Web Apps (see WABIS) and the new Imagery Configuration templates. The Sentinel service is currently Beta status we will look to possibly change the setting to time enabled  (but keep default as off) for the release which should happen relatively soon. I'll add your name to the 'enable time' vote. 

Thank you Peter, I see your point: it's not an easy issue..

Please could You give me some more news about the "image/time selector in the WebMap Viewer "?

I tried to looking for in AGOL and in WABI  but I didn't find nothing  similar?

Thank you very much for Yourhelp!

Enrico

0 Kudos
Y_Chau
by
Occasional Contributor

Any progress on time slider in Sentinel? I tried today, it doesnt work still.

Sincerely

MeganEngel

@GuenterDoerffel I am working with the imagery viewer apps, but am not seeing the option to find images by date.  See screen shot and configurations below.  Is there a way to enable this in the updated viewer?  Thank you!

MeganEngel_0-1694631548171.png

0 Kudos
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Megan,
To achive this, you have to enable "Individual Image Search", specify the Sentinel-Layer and the AquisitionDate Field. I have created and attached a short video that might be easier to follow than a lengthy text. Plus the dummy app shown in the video will be available for a few days. The control with the 3 vertical bars opens the UI to select a specific date available in the extent chosen.
Hope this helps!
G.

MeganEngel

Perfect! I totally missed that radio button!

0 Kudos