Sentinel-2 Imagery Service, extract Multi Values to Points

06-05-2018 08:40 AM
LaurynasGedminas2
Occasional Contributor

Testing this new image service: https://sentinel.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/Sentinel2/ImageServer 

with 'Extract Multi Values to Points' too In ArcMap and getting ERROR 999998.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

assuming that Extract Multi Values to Points can be used on that type of data, then the points would have to be in the same coordinate system.  I would check the tool requirements to check for other limitations

0 Kudos
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Laurynas,

interesting question 🙂
It challenged me to figure this out using python. And it works! But as Dan states, the SRS of the point you query has to match the SRS of the Service. In addition - WHICH RGB-values you get will depend on the Service settings!

Find attached a python script with minimal documentation in-line, that also includes the login to ArcGIS Online and some more settings/ideas.
What it does if used correctly is:

• Open an ArcGIS Online / Portal connection and authenticate
  • Create an ImageService Layer from an Image Service URL provided
  • Read in a csv file of Points ( ID, Name, X,Y)
  • Convert the coordinates (if needed) to the Service coordinate system (you have to know - in the sample it is Sentinel and prepared)
  • Query the Values (assuming RGB)
  • Do calculate more Indexes if wanted
  • Write all this with original coordinates or modified coordinates to another csv file ..

You might be able to make this to what you are looking for ... A test dataset is attached!

LaurynasGedminas2
Occasional Contributor

Hey Guenter,

Awesome, Thanks for sharing. 

I tested and made 'Image Server Layer' from Sentinel2 Service in ArcMap, when you can  use 'Extract Multi Values to Points' and it works! even the point SRS is different

'Extract Values to Points' worked straight up. no 'Image Server Layer' needed, different SRS supported.

thanks again

0 Kudos